This seems like it should be a no-brainer and it actually is, once you see it. However, I spent to much time this past week trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. What ended up leading me to the answer, was that I happened upon a screenshot from the Power BI Community that was showing the correct Connection settings. I will be doing a more detailed blog post about the set up of Azure Blob Storage and such, but for now, you can see the issue I was running in to.
When you first click on Azure Blob Storage the screen appears as such.
I went ahead and filled out the Account Name, chose my On-premises data gateway and chose anonymous, but got an error. I was going to list out all of the different errors I ran in to, and the various security changes I made on the Blob Storage, but why put you through all of that.
Let’s get to the correct settings.
Fill out Account Name, leave the field On-premises gateway equal to (none), change Authentication kind to Account key and input your Account Key. The issue I kept having was that I was putting my On-Premises gateway info in. I’m sure there may be a reason for this field, but so far, I haven’t found it.